10th November 2016
Well this morning was Pauline and Lolly's last shift at the village and they were on Express Breakfasts which is available in the Ice Cream Parlour, not a shift I have done yet but coincidentally it will be mine and Debbie's last shift too on Saturday. Looking forward to making the fresh pancakes, bagels and toasts to either go or eat in with their 'Ice Cream' for breakfast treat
Debbie was on breakfast in Nancy's kitchen, serving food, she was on omelettes and scrambled eggs with Tony,. Lots of families in and the usual if sausages are on, they want bacon and vica versa - they actually ran out of both today it seems! Jeffrey was her runner , he worked with us a few days ago and was very efficient.
My morning shift was on the carousel with the lovely Wendy. Wendy and I met two years ago, she was brilliant by offering to take me to the .British Embassy in Orlando because she recognised that it might be tricky for me looking for a place while driving on the wrong side of the road. Wendy and her husband Dave are from Quebec but spend 5 months over here in their winter in Orlando as Snow Birds and volunteer lots too. We were fairly busy, over 40 different switch ons for the families , which actually means more children as we only log on the times we press the button to make the ride go, not how many children ride. Managed several wheelchair rides too, great that they can have a ride as well.
Now I can't remember if I wrote lyrsterday that I spoke to the couple across the road who are in the villa I rented last year, they said they were not letting it out anymore so guessed they were the owners. I was right, they live in Yaxley which is where Lucy teaches. Seems they know very little about the Village so I offered to take them to have a look, which I did this afternoon before my evening shift with Santa 🎅 . It was a bit of a rush but think they enjoyed and were amazed at the feel of it... may even recruited some more volunteers!
Now my shift tonight was as one of Santa's Elves,. This event is held in the Hoppeniing Place. This event is organised by Leidy and she gave me the job of the 'Mean Elf'!!!!!!! I was put at the end of the stage and the children had to do a task before I would let them leave to collect their present. Santa told them they had to make me smile by various ways... give me a cuddle, say hi , or hop . No way could I not smile and be mean but I did get lots of cuddles! Santa is truly the most magnificent person and spends a long time with the children while the photographer takes photographs. Jim is the photographer and is usually without a smile but tonight he smiles lots too. A dad came in and said his boy was not feeling good and was very upset that he couldn't get to see .Santa, this was not a problem as his brother chose a gift for him, the villa number was taken and Santa delivered it personally at the end of the shift. He must have been very late for his parade through the village tonight.
There were so many special moments tonight
Santa bought a child to the front of the stage and got us all to cheer for a lad beating stage 4 Kidney Cancer
Another birthday song for another child
The beautiful Bayleigh gave me the most special hugs and smiles - she really is wonderful
Brinkley, the daughter of another volunteer, who has type 1 diabetes and is doing the Gingerbread Run on Saturday came up to me with her mum and gave me a present of a Sparkle Tshirt because I had sponsored her
Another volunteer gave English 4 of us a pin for doing what we do and Shannon in volunteer services gave us a GKTW Angel pin
So many cuddles from parents and children tonight as well
Admit to having a few tears during the evening.
Got back to find Pauline and Lolly had just got back from their trip to Old Town Kissimmee where they had had a great afternoon/evening.
Some toast with marmite and cream cheese for dinner and then off to my bed. Allan home fro his adventure at 1030 pm UK time but was in bed before I got back to the villa. Will speak to him tomorrow as not spoken for a few days.
Night
Well this morning was Pauline and Lolly's last shift at the village and they were on Express Breakfasts which is available in the Ice Cream Parlour, not a shift I have done yet but coincidentally it will be mine and Debbie's last shift too on Saturday. Looking forward to making the fresh pancakes, bagels and toasts to either go or eat in with their 'Ice Cream' for breakfast treat
Debbie was on breakfast in Nancy's kitchen, serving food, she was on omelettes and scrambled eggs with Tony,. Lots of families in and the usual if sausages are on, they want bacon and vica versa - they actually ran out of both today it seems! Jeffrey was her runner , he worked with us a few days ago and was very efficient.
My morning shift was on the carousel with the lovely Wendy. Wendy and I met two years ago, she was brilliant by offering to take me to the .British Embassy in Orlando because she recognised that it might be tricky for me looking for a place while driving on the wrong side of the road. Wendy and her husband Dave are from Quebec but spend 5 months over here in their winter in Orlando as Snow Birds and volunteer lots too. We were fairly busy, over 40 different switch ons for the families , which actually means more children as we only log on the times we press the button to make the ride go, not how many children ride. Managed several wheelchair rides too, great that they can have a ride as well.
Now I can't remember if I wrote lyrsterday that I spoke to the couple across the road who are in the villa I rented last year, they said they were not letting it out anymore so guessed they were the owners. I was right, they live in Yaxley which is where Lucy teaches. Seems they know very little about the Village so I offered to take them to have a look, which I did this afternoon before my evening shift with Santa 🎅 . It was a bit of a rush but think they enjoyed and were amazed at the feel of it... may even recruited some more volunteers!
Now my shift tonight was as one of Santa's Elves,. This event is held in the Hoppeniing Place. This event is organised by Leidy and she gave me the job of the 'Mean Elf'!!!!!!! I was put at the end of the stage and the children had to do a task before I would let them leave to collect their present. Santa told them they had to make me smile by various ways... give me a cuddle, say hi , or hop . No way could I not smile and be mean but I did get lots of cuddles! Santa is truly the most magnificent person and spends a long time with the children while the photographer takes photographs. Jim is the photographer and is usually without a smile but tonight he smiles lots too. A dad came in and said his boy was not feeling good and was very upset that he couldn't get to see .Santa, this was not a problem as his brother chose a gift for him, the villa number was taken and Santa delivered it personally at the end of the shift. He must have been very late for his parade through the village tonight.
There were so many special moments tonight
Santa bought a child to the front of the stage and got us all to cheer for a lad beating stage 4 Kidney Cancer
Another birthday song for another child
The beautiful Bayleigh gave me the most special hugs and smiles - she really is wonderful
Brinkley, the daughter of another volunteer, who has type 1 diabetes and is doing the Gingerbread Run on Saturday came up to me with her mum and gave me a present of a Sparkle Tshirt because I had sponsored her
Another volunteer gave English 4 of us a pin for doing what we do and Shannon in volunteer services gave us a GKTW Angel pin
So many cuddles from parents and children tonight as well
Admit to having a few tears during the evening.
Got back to find Pauline and Lolly had just got back from their trip to Old Town Kissimmee where they had had a great afternoon/evening.
Some toast with marmite and cream cheese for dinner and then off to my bed. Allan home fro his adventure at 1030 pm UK time but was in bed before I got back to the villa. Will speak to him tomorrow as not spoken for a few days.
Night
No comments:
Post a Comment