Friday, 4 November 2016

4th November 2016

Just Debbie and I for this mornings shift which was with a Universal Studio Character which this morning was Curious George. Our jobs today were pretty simple, guide the families in, take pictures with their phone/camera/videos . The whole thing lasted little over 40 minutes as 'Curious George', had another engagement. They were a little late arriving as apparently their had been a car smash on the interstate which had held the traffic up.  We had lots of smiles again and all but one of the children were happy to see him. Debbie and I did get out pictures taken too of course?

Once back at the villa we got changed to sit round the pool when Lolly had popped into the kitchen and heard the door bell, she bought .Maria through- it had slipped my mind completely that we were off out for lunch with Maria and hopefully Sonya. A quick change and we were off to the Red Lobster for lunch which was delicious. Unfortunately Sonya couldn't make it as she was sorting out one of her clients unpaid water bill before the family who were renting arrived.

Now how do I know Sonya and Maria.? Well Sonya was the property manager of the villa I rented for my 1st  two visits here and we chatted a few times over a cup of tea, she was great too as she kindly provided me with a food box for my arrival.  Now Maria, that happened because Sonya put me in touch with her after my post on Facebook saying that I was doing a visit to a non .English speaking Hungarian wish child.. we were very 21st century and via messenger and iPad, we had a 3 way conversation between Nottingham, Florida and my iPad to determine the child's wish which proved very successful.

Now, not only was it good to meet Maria face to face but she has also managed to get Debbie and myself tickets to go to a political rally on .Sunday where Mr .Barack Obama will be campaigning for Hillary in an attempt to tilt the .Florida vote the democrats way. Florida is a marginal seat. Wonder if Katie and .June my Trumpers from the carousel shift the other day will approve? Will be an interesting day though .

A note for my grandchildren when I am no longer around. The significance of this, is Mr Barack Obama is the current .president of the USA until the 8th November so will be a once in a lifetime  occasion for me.

Our shift this evening was Once Upon a Time,  what was Pirates and Princess party. I chose not to be on Makeovers this time like Debbie, Pauline and Lolly, they are far more talented in that direction than myself. I was on Treasure maps with .another Marilyn., she makes up treasure bags to give to each child which she donates herself every week. A lot of children took part and it was a great evening.

Back to the villa about 9 pm for our usual wind down session. I was the first to give up and go to bed..

Night x






No comments:

Post a Comment