Saturday, 5 November 2016

5th November 2016

Bonfire night in the UK but obviously not here as they had no Houses of Parliament to blow up... however let's see what happens after the election next week!

This morning Pauline and Lolly were leading JoJo and Ginger, the two horses again. The had 69 riders this morning so were kept busy and there were lots of yee haas and cowboy hats around. Lolly's highlight was collecting the rear end deposits from the two horses.!

Debbie had a great time on Waffle making, it was fabulous, she even put her own twist on it as in her opinion they were far too pale so cooked them an extra 20 seconds which made them crispy. Marilyn she even used up 4 cans of whipped cream too!!

My shift was on the carousel with Bob and Jake. Bob is a regular and Jake was a reasonably new volunteer who was still at college. He is studying science subjects and wants to go in to medicine, probably as a heart surgeon.  Bob took a lot of time telling us the best days and time of day to go the the volunteers refreshment room for Pizza, muffins etc, etc. Bob comes in 4 mornings a week so knows his food stuffs!

It was reasonably busy but Debbie and I managed a ride too during a spell without any families about and Jake took lots of pictures on my phone for me.

Back to the villa for an hour around the pool before driving to the Avis car rental as Pauline and Lolly  had booked a little Ford Focus so that they could do a bit of exploring next week while Debbie and I did our shifts and possible other things. We dropped them on off and visited Publix for a few BITS and bobs before driving back to our villa... or was it ours we wondered as there, sitting there on our drive were two blonde ladies in a bright red, brand new,  V8  5 litre, Ford  Mustang draped across the bonnet. I parked my white Kia next to it and as I carefully opened my door I was told, mind our car!! Hmm as if I would do it any harm.

The trip to Publix was also interesting as I went to have a look at the fresh fish counter and a young male store person said "hello Miss Lorna, can I help you" Thought he was clairvoyant until I realised I still have my GKTW name tag on, we then went to the check out where sitting at the till was .Natalie, a FB friend and a fellow GKTW volunteer. Bit like Tesco's knowing everyone there.

Off to do Ready, Steady, Think Quiz that we had so much fun with last week. Nothing had been set out so I went to the stock cupboard to find the essential Pom Poms to carry off the stage but unfortunately I missed the step and went down on my ankle. Ouch and double ouch.... ice put on, accident report filled in and I missed the party as was sitting with my foot elevated. Ouch and double ouch again. Taken anti inflammatories, arnica tablets and more ice packs but still very painful. The thing that was upsetting me most was that I have no shifts tomorrow as we are going to the President Obama rally and I am not sure how far we will have to walk or how long we will have to stand. I really want to be part of this historical occasion, despite have no faith in politics.

Brainwave just happened, I remembered that .Maria who is the lovely lady who got us the tickets and who is picking us up tomorrow has recently had foot surgery... I do need support to walk , so just messaged her and, yes, she is bringing a pair of crutches for me. Lorna will go to the rally.

Clocks change here tonight so will geta lie in beyond 5 am.

Night x




No comments:

Post a Comment