Tuesday, 1 November 2016

31st October 2016


It's Hallowe'en!!!!

Up at 6, ready to go on YouTube to research at face painting, now I am not artistic at all but it did look pretty straightforward, I was done and dusted when Marilyn came in to use the bathroom, would you believe she actually laughed at me, not a little laugh but a big belly laugh. It was strange that I forgot all about it during the morning, even when we got back to the villa, I changed into my sun dress and came outside to the pool forgetting

Our shift for us all this morning was with the Disney Characters, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and the really beautiful and very charming Miss Mary Poppins. There did seem to be a surplus of volunteers in there though so Lolly and I went across into the dining room and offered our services there where we were tray carriers and then Lolly moved on to bussing. Families were still coming in to breakfast in quite high numbers until after 10 when we normally close service so by the time they had eaten and we had Sandra tired the tables etc, it wasn't far off 11 am, as we went to get a coffee ourselves they were setting up for lunch!!

First person I saw as I went into Nancy's kitchen was Robert, a guy I have met here before but who is also a MAW volunteer in the UK and who lives in Coventry . It was great to see him and chat over a coffee afterwards.

On our way back to the car park we chatted with Papa and Mama Bear, I am now a little unnerved as Papa Bear was on Express Breakfasts. And Ice Cream parlour and he told us of an unexpected guest.............. a snake, he said it was black with a yellow neck, he wasn't sure if it was poisonous or not so he calmly told us he threw a cloth over its head so it couldn't see him and picked it up and threw it out the door. Hmm we have a shift in there again next week 🤔

Sad today as tonight is Marilyn's last shift for this time, we are all going out after our shift tonight to The Bonefish Grill to meet up with Ted, we are all going to miss her so much. Absolutely bonkers but so much fun. We  ❤️ Marilyn. Thank you for being part of our adventure xxxxx

Well our evening shift has finished, the whole thing was a bit of a mishmash in the end as the shifts we had signed up for.  they kept wanting to change. For once I stood my ground, mainly because I had a booked a table for dinner, but also. I had booked my shift 3 months ago. On this occasion I won and yes, I was on Papa John Pizzas. Now  I am not a Pizza person but they did look good. There was a bit of an irritation though I think his name was Dave! Oh yes and he was from  England, you won't be surprised to know I gave as good as I got.

A major catastrophe happened to me as I went to leave which delayed our departure to Bonefish and Ted but when we got there we all enjoyed our meals and even more enjoyed our session bCk at he villa with Marilyn and Ted tonight, more laughter and stories. Pauline, Lolly and .I felt really sad waving our goodbyes a little after midnight.😢

A couple of add ons to our day.....

We made our faces up as magnificent cats for Halloween, admired by those at the village

We decided that we would have even more fun by going Trick or Treating ourselves, we have passed several houses with all kinds of Halloween paraphernalia in their front garden and we stopped off at their houses tonight not to ask for treats but to deliver ones we had bought for them. A bit different I know but we have a great response from them. The best decorated one was an ex fireman and his wife, she had volunteered at the village and even remembered me from previous years.


Oh Marilyn we are missing you 😘

















No comments:

Post a Comment