23rd October 2016
An early start this morning with a 545 pick up from Ian to drive to Uppingham to collect Pauline and Lolly, an easy trip down to Gatwick and fairly straightforward journey through to departures, time for coffee and toast and a stroll around before going to the lounge where we boarded straight away.
Upstairs again on the plane with myself in the emergency exit row by the window. Great as not always only plenty of legroom but also a convenient compartment by my side which took my bag full of bits and bobs. Pauline and Lolly 3 rows behind. Immediately on boarding I had a word - as I always do - to the stewardess and told her what we were travelling for and would of be possible for a glass of bubbly. It turns out that the young lady had a wish granted herself when she was 12 years old and went to Disney, Paris for her wish, she had a kidney disease but seemed very well now, must be to pass the medical to be an air stewardess. Small world isn't it!
Sitting next to a guy from Essex who is travelling with his 3 children, wife, brother and in laws, they have been saving for 4 years to bring the children to Disney. Seems he comes from West Ham and knew the school I had taught at there, he also said he went to the next school which was for bad boys as he was one of those!!! Seems lovely now though as did his children, just goes to show, never tar a child as being a problem child.
Oh dear, just hit an air pocket while I was holding a glass in my hand, poor bloke and I got soaked in lager! Fortunately we both laughed, it was quite a dip though!
5 hours to go andI might just scream a little and possible throw the 3 children out of the plane! I have feet one side of me and I am being kicked to death, the little girl is crawling along the window locker space and the other child is spread on the floor using the leg space I paid extra for...... grrr, I do like children really but.........
2.00 am UK time now, have arrived, villa seems fine been to Walmart for some food but by the time we got back decided we could not be bothered, a cup of tea for Pauline, a glass of wine and some bread a cheese for Lolly and some crisps and a glass, or maybe two of prosecco for me.
Major catastrophe though, I seem to have come without a lot of my insulin, have been in a state of panic but think I have a solution as am hoping the girls can post it to Debbie who is coming out of the 2nd so fingers crossed she will bring it for me.
My biggest worry was how could I possibly have made such a mistake but I think I have now worked how it may have happened, I had my bag searched at Heathrow, seems I should have put my mascara in my clear plastic bag. He threw my stuff around and I think that can be the only explanation because I would never have made a mistake like that.
Well truly tired now, so goodnight.off to the Village for first shift at 12 at the Ice Cream Parlour.
An early start this morning with a 545 pick up from Ian to drive to Uppingham to collect Pauline and Lolly, an easy trip down to Gatwick and fairly straightforward journey through to departures, time for coffee and toast and a stroll around before going to the lounge where we boarded straight away.
Upstairs again on the plane with myself in the emergency exit row by the window. Great as not always only plenty of legroom but also a convenient compartment by my side which took my bag full of bits and bobs. Pauline and Lolly 3 rows behind. Immediately on boarding I had a word - as I always do - to the stewardess and told her what we were travelling for and would of be possible for a glass of bubbly. It turns out that the young lady had a wish granted herself when she was 12 years old and went to Disney, Paris for her wish, she had a kidney disease but seemed very well now, must be to pass the medical to be an air stewardess. Small world isn't it!
Sitting next to a guy from Essex who is travelling with his 3 children, wife, brother and in laws, they have been saving for 4 years to bring the children to Disney. Seems he comes from West Ham and knew the school I had taught at there, he also said he went to the next school which was for bad boys as he was one of those!!! Seems lovely now though as did his children, just goes to show, never tar a child as being a problem child.
Oh dear, just hit an air pocket while I was holding a glass in my hand, poor bloke and I got soaked in lager! Fortunately we both laughed, it was quite a dip though!
5 hours to go andI might just scream a little and possible throw the 3 children out of the plane! I have feet one side of me and I am being kicked to death, the little girl is crawling along the window locker space and the other child is spread on the floor using the leg space I paid extra for...... grrr, I do like children really but.........
2.00 am UK time now, have arrived, villa seems fine been to Walmart for some food but by the time we got back decided we could not be bothered, a cup of tea for Pauline, a glass of wine and some bread a cheese for Lolly and some crisps and a glass, or maybe two of prosecco for me.
Major catastrophe though, I seem to have come without a lot of my insulin, have been in a state of panic but think I have a solution as am hoping the girls can post it to Debbie who is coming out of the 2nd so fingers crossed she will bring it for me.
My biggest worry was how could I possibly have made such a mistake but I think I have now worked how it may have happened, I had my bag searched at Heathrow, seems I should have put my mascara in my clear plastic bag. He threw my stuff around and I think that can be the only explanation because I would never have made a mistake like that.
Well truly tired now, so goodnight.off to the Village for first shift at 12 at the Ice Cream Parlour.
No comments:
Post a Comment