29th October 2016
Yet again an early start for both Marilyn and myself as we both had an early shift.....or had we? Well after a very bleary eyed visit to the bathroom this morning I was doubtful she would make the morning shift, but no, Marilyn is a trooper and she was showered, dressed and ready to go in time to leave for our 8 am start. Just before we were about to leave a little plaintiff voice could be heard from her room " oh no, I haven't got a shift this morning, and I checked last night as well"
Can I apologise most profusely Marilyn for my shockingly unkind laughter at your error!!! A decision was then made that we would both go as we were sure something could be offered. Velvetann was in volunteer services and a job was found in the Castle of Miracles where Stellar the Star Fairy resides and where she places the wish children's star in her tower where it stays for eternity. Marilyn loved this and enthused about the stars and Fairy Stellar all day
My shift was as the photographer,s assistant (no change there then) at Keaton's Korral. Twice a week, Larry and Pam bring their horses and skill plus lots of cowboy hats so that every child has the opportunity to ride on either JoJo or Ginger for two laps around the Korral and receives a cowboy hat. Larry, it is said where's his dark sunglasses so that no one can see the tears that sometimes fall. Pam will sit behind the saddle holding very carefully any child who needs support. Children in wheelchairs can ride too, it was wonderful watching their smiles and at times, their giggles! Not that I had much time as I had to take down each child's vill number and then the number of the shots that had been taken by Billy, my photographer. It did need a lot of concentration and my brain hurt by the finish, but I did it, I hope correctly.
Returning to the villa we sat by the pool for a while with Pauline and Lolly before going to Walmart for a few BITS ( that is for Marilyn as she finds my use of the word very amusing, seems I use it quite a BIT) Another lovely lunch, a bit of quiet time and then it was back for the evening shift.
Tonight we were all together and along with Papa Bear and Mama Bear we were the only volunteers for the show which is a new one one called Ready, Set, Think. We had such fun, even though we outnumbered the contestants and audience for the majority of the time. It was a press the buzzer game answering questions from film and music. One lad, a wish child, knew most of the answers and when I spoke to his lovely Mum she told me he had a photographic memory and attended a top Art and Drama school. He was great!
After the game finished we had almost as much fun helping get set up for tomorrow's Ms Merry's Tea party. Pretty cups and saucers, plates, Tea Pots, tiaras all mismatched but all very pretty were taken through to the .Tearoom, we sang lots of 'cuppa ' tea songs and laughed a lot.
I do have photographs but have not worked out how to add them on here yet but there are some on Facebook.
Back to villa for our evening wind down over a drink, not tea, and cheeses and biscuits before bed. I did not manage any of the blog last night but woke at 438 am to write this, might have a cup of coffee now and then try to get back to sleep for a BIT as we are all taking the morning off to go to Celebration to the Farmers market, have a spot ( that's like a bit Marilyn) of lunch and then meet up with the lovely Ted for lunch at the Columbia restaurant. Ted is .Marilyn's husband who thinks he is going to whisk her away from us tomorrow afternoon, but we are not going to let her go!
Yet again an early start for both Marilyn and myself as we both had an early shift.....or had we? Well after a very bleary eyed visit to the bathroom this morning I was doubtful she would make the morning shift, but no, Marilyn is a trooper and she was showered, dressed and ready to go in time to leave for our 8 am start. Just before we were about to leave a little plaintiff voice could be heard from her room " oh no, I haven't got a shift this morning, and I checked last night as well"
Can I apologise most profusely Marilyn for my shockingly unkind laughter at your error!!! A decision was then made that we would both go as we were sure something could be offered. Velvetann was in volunteer services and a job was found in the Castle of Miracles where Stellar the Star Fairy resides and where she places the wish children's star in her tower where it stays for eternity. Marilyn loved this and enthused about the stars and Fairy Stellar all day
My shift was as the photographer,s assistant (no change there then) at Keaton's Korral. Twice a week, Larry and Pam bring their horses and skill plus lots of cowboy hats so that every child has the opportunity to ride on either JoJo or Ginger for two laps around the Korral and receives a cowboy hat. Larry, it is said where's his dark sunglasses so that no one can see the tears that sometimes fall. Pam will sit behind the saddle holding very carefully any child who needs support. Children in wheelchairs can ride too, it was wonderful watching their smiles and at times, their giggles! Not that I had much time as I had to take down each child's vill number and then the number of the shots that had been taken by Billy, my photographer. It did need a lot of concentration and my brain hurt by the finish, but I did it, I hope correctly.
Returning to the villa we sat by the pool for a while with Pauline and Lolly before going to Walmart for a few BITS ( that is for Marilyn as she finds my use of the word very amusing, seems I use it quite a BIT) Another lovely lunch, a bit of quiet time and then it was back for the evening shift.
Tonight we were all together and along with Papa Bear and Mama Bear we were the only volunteers for the show which is a new one one called Ready, Set, Think. We had such fun, even though we outnumbered the contestants and audience for the majority of the time. It was a press the buzzer game answering questions from film and music. One lad, a wish child, knew most of the answers and when I spoke to his lovely Mum she told me he had a photographic memory and attended a top Art and Drama school. He was great!
After the game finished we had almost as much fun helping get set up for tomorrow's Ms Merry's Tea party. Pretty cups and saucers, plates, Tea Pots, tiaras all mismatched but all very pretty were taken through to the .Tearoom, we sang lots of 'cuppa ' tea songs and laughed a lot.
I do have photographs but have not worked out how to add them on here yet but there are some on Facebook.
Back to villa for our evening wind down over a drink, not tea, and cheeses and biscuits before bed. I did not manage any of the blog last night but woke at 438 am to write this, might have a cup of coffee now and then try to get back to sleep for a BIT as we are all taking the morning off to go to Celebration to the Farmers market, have a spot ( that's like a bit Marilyn) of lunch and then meet up with the lovely Ted for lunch at the Columbia restaurant. Ted is .Marilyn's husband who thinks he is going to whisk her away from us tomorrow afternoon, but we are not going to let her go!
No comments:
Post a Comment