Tuesday, 25 October 2016

24th October 2016


A brilliant day today!

We all woke fairly early, I was wide awake by 4 am so in essence I have slept 4 hours since 4am Sunday morning.

We left the villa to do the grand tour of the village just before 10am and to iron out Pauline and Lolly's shift. I think both the ladies loved the village and have just asked them did it meet their expectations or did exceed... Pauline thought it was very clean and beautifully maintained and better than she had expected, not at all tacky. Lolly it was lovely as she had expected. I am delighted as  always as bit of a worry that people won't enjoy it as much as I do.

Now this morning P&lL were going to drive back to the villa while I did my shift in the beautiful ice cream parlour but, guess what, they were asked if they could do the same shift too. We had a great time, slow patches but then all of a sudden there was a crowd. The Oreo Cookie machine is still not functioning properly, last year Debbie and I tried to fix but only managed to swamp the flooring with  Oreo crumbs, so today I didn't even try!

Our shift finished at 3 so well so we made an executive  not to return to the villa but to find instead the Longhorn Steak House to have a meal there, it was absolutely delicious  mainly because we were so hungry. A very quick turnaround happened and we were back for our evening shift for 455 pm.
Tonight was Halloween for me but helping with family's meals in Nancy!s Kitchen. I went over to say hello to Nancy too, the real one after whom the restaurant was named,.

One of the highlights  for me today was seeing lots of people who remembered me and who seemed pleased  to see me as well.

 My job this evening was as a greeter, it was very busy outside and all the families were delightful. I didn't recognise any of the entertainment staff that were made n tonight, think there has been a big change over time of staff.  Bumped in to a few from last year but they now have different roles at GKTW

We got back to the villa at around 930 and sat and talked through the day for ages, I was quite tired so went to bed around 1030 with the aim of finishing the blog but my eyes kept closing so I gave n a went to sleep so am finishing it this morning. Apologies for the delay xxx

We all shared  a few stories of the day

Pauline:- loved the ice cream parlour as the families could have whatever ice cream they desired . A lady asked her what the sweetener was in the sugar free ice cream.  Trying to find out from the big tubs labels was unsuccessful and worried the lady might have an allergy..but no, she went for the sugar free ice cream and then had whipped cream, caramel fudge sauce and chocolate sauce with M &M sprinkle on top.  Reminds me of the person who went into McDonalds , oredered. Big Mac with double fries  and a DIET coke

Lolly:- amazed at how many families were reluctant to accept help with carry their trays in Nancy's  kitchen. One lady protested that she could manage and when told, no that's what the volunteers were there to help, said back to her with a tremor in her voice......."but no one ever helps me".

When I was to,d that  I washed my eyeballs  Debbie!

Both the ladies loved the Castle of Miracles and the villa importance of the stars around the tower and ceiling

Well I am sure I have missed but still out but I need to get going as am on breakfast duty this morning and need to get a wriggle tomorrow on.


















1 comment:

  1. That the lady in Nancy's kitchen was me back in 2011. It was overwhelming to have so many people wanting to help.

    You ladies are all making such a difference.xxx

    ReplyDelete